Why Do You Need Roller Shutters For Your Home?
Sydney, Australia’s largest cosmopolitan city, is surrounded by beaches, heritage sites, and wine regions. It has something for everyone, be it watching a show at the iconic Opera House, surfing at Bondi Beach or exploring The Rocks and Darling Harbour, etc. The city revels in a sunny climate with mild winters and warm summers, which makes installing roller shutters in Sydney a necessity. These shutters are also essential for isolating any house from the weather since they offer a detaching factor as well.
Here’s what you need to know before you choose roller shutters for your house in Sydney.
What are roller shutters?
Roller shutters are screens commonly made from steel and aluminium that you can roll down over a window or door to secure your premises. They consist of a series of horizontal sections that are hinged together and attached to a roller at the top.
How do they work?
You can operate them manually using a winder or electrically using a switch to roll the shutters up and down. When the shutters are rolled up, they won’t look like an eyesore; they are wound and hidden away in a casing called a cassette.
A few remote battery-operated roller shutters are also available. Apart from being a cost-effective alternative to an electronic shutter, one of their other benefits is that they can be used even during a power outage.
- Security: It’s the main reason why many people install roller shutters. Being incredibly strong, they cannot be pulled out easily, making them an excellent deterrent against intruders and thieves.
- Sun, light and heat protection: Roller Shutters have thermal insulation properties that shield your home from heat, cold and bright lights. It keeps your home cool in the summer months and retains the warmth during the winters which makes them a great value for your money.
- Noise barrier: They can reduce noise from the outside considerably. So, if your neighbourhood is noisy and chaotic or you live on a busy road, roller shutters can keep the noise out and increase the peace and quietness inside your home.
- Weather protection: During a storm, your windows or doors can be shattered or broken. But if you have roller shutters installed, you can transform the most fragile part of your home and make it the strongest. The solid barrier over the window will protect you against all types of bad weather.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Roller shutters can prove to be a design boon for your home. As they are available in a range of colours, you can match them with the rest of your home easily.
- Prevents unwanted window peepers: Roller shutters give you complete control over your privacy. All you have to do is roll down the shutters so that nobody can peep into your home. They are an ideal option for your home and are not positioned in a secluded area.
- Protection from bushfires: In Australia, summers are scalding. The mixed dry landscapes can result in devastating bushfires. So, for those living in a bushfire zone, installing roller shutters in Sydney becomes paramount as they come with fire resistant qualities.