Ever looked at your plant protein powder supplement and felt that it always tastes the same? Do you want more colours, textures and variety in your journey towards better health? Say no more. Here are the best recipes to go with your plant protein supplement. Who says that your taste buds need to suffer for you to be fit?
If you haven’t embraced the magic of plant protein, then it’s time for you to join the team. Plant proteins have more nutrient density, fibre, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and are more digestible than animal protein. You may regret not switching sides later on.
But if you already have been enlightened, here are two fun and delicious ways for you to enjoy your plant protein supplement:
- Shake things up
Starting your day with coffee may be a good idea, but starting it with a smoothie may be a greater one. This recipe is easier of the two and will be ideal for those who don’t have a knack for cooking.
For this recipe, you’re going to need the following ingredients:
- Plant protein powder
- Dairy-free milk
- Almond butter
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Dairy-free vanilla yogurt
Just mix all of these ingredients and blend them to make your healthy, tasty smoothie. You don’t have to worry about the portions as you can experiment with the best ratio for you. Just don’t forget your plant protein supplement!
With this recipe, you can have a taste of breakfast dessert without the unnecessary, unhealthy ingredients.
- Protein muffin
We guarantee that this will be your favourite snack after you try it once. You’ll be using gluten-free ingredients to ensure that your snack stays as healthy as you.
You’re going to need:
- 2/3 cup gluten-free oats
- One scoop of your plant protein powder
- ¾ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- One medium well-mashed banana
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- One egg
- ½ tsp flax powder
You’re going to need to:
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line the muffin tin.
- You can then mix the milled flax seed with the water, set them aside for 5 minutes, and allow the gel to form.
- Grind up the oats into a flour in a small blender. Put the blended product into a small bowl and add plant protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Just mix them right up and set them aside.
- Get a large bowl and mix the mashed banana, maple syrup, peanut butter, flax and egg. Make sure to combine the ingredients nicely.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to your large bowl and beat on low frequency until almost mixed. Then add in milk and gently mix using a large spatula until you get a very thick batter.
- Then evenly disperse batter into lined muffin tin about 3/4 full. You can use a cookie scoop for easier dispensing. Expect to have nine muffins.
- Bake for about 5 minutes at 425F. Right after, reduce the temperature to 375 and continue baking for 7-8 more minutes.
- Allow your muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool off.
And there you have it! You have your plant protein muffin perfect for your healthy lifestyle.
When to use these recipes
It would be best to use the shake recipe more frequently as your substitute for breakfast. It’s easier to make and is more of a daily routine thing. The muffins would be best if you have some people over, and you want them to feel what it’s like to be healthy and fun at the same time. Or you can make them about twice a month so that you can have a stash of muffins perfect for any craving you may have.
Now, who says plant proteins are no fun?